Rooting the Motorola Droid 4 or jailbreaking the Droid 4 as it is affectionately know is quite an easy and straightforward affair. With this step by step guide and the rooting utility (from Dan Rosenberg) you will have your Droid 4 rooted in no time.
1. Download the Motorola Droid 4 drivers.
2. Install them on your computer.
3. On your Droid 4 go to Settings->Development->USB Debugging and enable it.
4. Connect your Droid 4 to your computer.
5. Download the rooting utility from the end of the post.
6. Extract it to a folder on your computer.
7. Click and run the file “Run”
8. After the script has completed running, your Droid 4 is rooted.
The rooting utility also installs Busybox and Superuser.apk on to your Droid 4.
1. If your Droid 4 is not getting detected by your computer connect it another USB port.
2. Switch of the Droid 4 and try to connect it again to your tablet.
3. ADB or rooting also fails if the USB cable is faulty.
4. Make sure the Motorola Droid 4 Drivers are properly installed and working.