Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-s6102 has become a popular low cost android smart phone. You can not root this phone with SuperOneClick or any such rooting software. The only way to root this phone is to flash a rooted custom recovery kernel on to the phone. Though, this may sound dangerous and complicated, it is in fact easy, simple and quite risk free. You can also unroot the Galaxy Duos easily.
1. Charge your phone to 100%.
2. Back up your contact data etc, if you want (optional , but better safe than sorry)
3. Download the rooted custom recovery kernel from the link below this post.
4. Get a microSD card and copy the “update.zip” file on to the root directory of the sd card.
5. Switch off the Galaxy Y Duos and put the microSD card in it.
6. Switch on the phone by pressing and holding down the [Power] + [Volume UP] + [Home] keys.
7. Release the keys once the Samsung logo appears.
8. You should see a menu on the screen. The touch screen will not work now, so navigate the menu using [Volume UP] and [Volume DOWN] keys. To select an option , press the [Home] key.
9. From the recovery menu select the option named “Select update.zip from sdcard”. Now select update.zip and preand press the [Home] button.
10. The update.zip will be applied to the phone and it will restart.
11. Congratulations you now have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
Thanks to millan.sis from XDA for the method and update file.