Rooting the Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX or jailbreaking the Droid RAZR/MAXX as it is affectionately know is quite an easy and straightforward affair. With this step by step guide and the rooting utility (from Dan Rosenberg) you will have your Droid RAZR/MAXX rooted in no time.
1. Download the Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX drivers.
2. Install them on your computer.
3. On your Droid RAZR/MAXX go to Settings->Development->USB Debugging and enable it.
4. Connect your Droid RAZR/MAXX to your computer.
5. Download the rooting utility from the end of the post.
6. Extract it to a folder on your computer.
7. Click and run the file “Run”
8. After the script has completed running, your Droid RAZR/MAXX is rooted.
The rooting utility also installs Busybox and Superuser.apk on to your Droid RAZR/MAXX.
1. If your Droid RAZR/MAXX is not getting detected by your computer connect it another USB port.
2. Switch of the Droid RAZR/MAXX and try to connect it again to your tablet.
3. ADB or rooting also fails if the USB cable is faulty.
4. Make sure the Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX Drivers are properly installed and working.