Rooting the Motorola Xyboard or jailbreaking the Droid Xyboard as it is affectionately know is quite an easy and straightforward affair. With this step by step guide and the rooting utility (from Dan Rosenberg) you will have your Droid Xyboard rooted in no time.
1. Download the Motorola Xyboard drivers.
2. Install them on your computer.
3. On your Droid Xyboard go to Settings->Application->Development->USB Debugging and enable it.
4. Connect your Xyboard to your computer.
5. Download the rooting utility from the end of the post.
6. Extract it to a folder on your computer.
7. Click and run the file “Run”
8. After the script has completed running, your Xyboard is rooted.
The rooting utility also installs Busybox and Superuser.apk on to your droid tablet.
1. If your tab is not getting detected by your computer connect it another USB port.
2. Switch of the tablet and try to connect it again to your tablet.
3. ADB or rooting also fails if the USB cable is faulty.
4. Make sure the Motorola Xyboard Drivers are properly installed and working.